And… I have already failed my April challenge! The flight was so long and tiring that when I got to Spain I zonked out immediately. I am jet lagged at the moment and it’s 2am of day 3 in Spain. Honestly, to beat jet lag the only thing you can really do is soldier on and try and stay awake until night but I just was not functioning and fell asleep at 6pm, woke up at 12:15pm and now I am awake. Hopefully I can fall asleep really soon to be ready for tomorrow because we are on the search for snow! I’m going to try and do weekly vlogs on my channel so stay tuned! The next words you will read are what I was supposed to have posted day 3 of my April challenge. I had written it last month so it was ready to go 🙂 Enjoy xx
April 3rd, 2017
Today is the day! We are leaving for Spain tonight so I’m preparing myself for the 26 hour flight! I mean, we are not actually on the plane for a whole 26 hours, but we are actually travelling for that amount of time. So 16 and a half hours to get to Doha in Qatar (obviously flying with Qatar airline) and another 8 or so hours to get to Madrid, Barajas. When my next post goes up I will be in beautiful Spain! Apparently it has been snowing so maybe with a bit of luck we get to see some snow!
I don’t know about you but I really enjoy watching and reading what makeup products people pack for their trip. I just find that it kind of gives me ideas on what to pack when I travel. I’m the type of person that ALWAYS over packs to the max so it is actually really good for me to get ideas on just the essentials to include in my travel makeup bag. In saying this, I have been getting better which is great!
Since I believe that I have improved in this aspect of packing for a trip I decided to let you guys in on what makeup essentials I will be taking with me to Spain! Honestly, it is not a big deal if I forget anything at home because let’s just be real, Spain has makeup stores just like in Australia so if I do forget anything or if I am running low on any of the products, I can always buy whatever it may be over there. However, there are some products from Australia that Spain may not have. For example, although Spain does stock Maybelline, I have not seen the Brow Satin Brow Pencil on display and this product is a MUST for me (if you have seen my Current Favourites video you would have seen this guy featured 😉 ). Therefore, this product is one that I have bought a couple of to take with me because I’m worried that I won’t find anything that I will like as much.
Let’s get into it!!
1. Let’s just start with the product that I have mentioned already, the Maybelline Brow Satin Eyebrow Pencil. I find that this brow pencil could be a dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Whiz. I actually bought what was left of this product at the 40% Off Priceline Sale because I love it that much that I cannot leave the country without it!
2. The Maybelline Fit Me Foundation. I don’t actually remember seeing this in Spain but I’m sure they do have it and I just missed it while I was there. This foundation is my all time favourite everyday foundation.
3. L’Oreal Infallible Foundation. I actually discovered my love for this foundation in Spain! I had run out of my foundation while I was over there so I decided to give the L’Oreal one a go and now it is my favourite foundation if I want to wear a little more makeup than usual, like for a night out for example. I like to take it from here so that I just have it in my colour and I don’t inconvenience myself in the first couple of days while I am jetlagged to go and buy it, but at least when I end up running out if it I can get it from there which is a plus!
4. My Australis Fresh and Flawless powder in deep natural is definitely a must! Obviously Spain doesn’t stock the brand Australis and their powder is my favourite to set my under eye area! Definitely not forgetting that one.
5. The next essential is the Rimmel setting powder in the shade translucent. Now this one is not a MUST but I like to have it with me so that I at least have one for the first week or so that I am in Spain. I have found a dupe in Spain that is the Catrice powder. I have actually posted a review of this product and brand on my blog. Here is the link to is if you are interested in reading about the brand —>> It is cheaper than the Rimmel powder and just as good!
6. BECCA Highlight in Moonstone! I love this highlight! I don’t even know if they stock BECCA in Spain! Maybe in the big cities like Madrid and Barcelona, but where I live they do not have stores like MECCA and SEPHORA which sucks big time! So I definitely have to take this one with me!
7. MAC blush in Breezy which I love! This blush is perfect for the Spring and Summer as it is Spring right now in Spain it is a thumbs up from me. Another thing with MAC is that they do not stock it near me! If I want to get something from MAC I have to travel 2-3 hours!
1. MAC eyeshadow in Saddle comes with me everywhere I go. I don’t think I would be able to live without this eyeshadow! It’s a shadow that always gets me out of travel and I use it for me everyday makeup routine (Click here —>> “Everyday Makeup Routine” to check out my video).
2. The eyeliner that I never let myself run out of as I always stock up on it every time I see that in a few days I will not be able to keep sharpening. It is the Maybelline Master Liner in Kohl!
3. Last but not least my new favourite L’Oreal Telescopic Mascara! I don’t really have to say much about this mascara other than it is A M A Z I N G!
Aaaaaaannndd I cannot go without my Morphe brushes! Clean and ready to board the flight with me.
There you have it guys! My travel makeup essentials 🙂
I hope you guys have a great day and I’ll see you in Spain!